The Belltower at the Maifeld
The Belltower with spectator stands is part of the former "Reichssportfeld", built 1934-36 for the 1936 Olympics in Berlin. The original Belltower was blown up after WW II. It was rebuilt in the 1960s and contains an Olympic bell as before. The tower has a viewing platform at a height of 77m. Beneath the tower lie the Langemarck hall and a special exhibition of the German Historical Museum.
(Date of picture: 3rd April 2000)