The Berliner Dom - the Berlin Cathedral
The protestant "Berlin Cathedral" was built on the Spree Island in neobaroque style from 1894 to 1905 according to plans by the architect Julius Carl Raschdorff. Severely damaged in WW II, it was rebuilt in the years 1975-93 and is now used again for protestant service and concerts. Beneath the building lies the Hohenzollern crypt with over 90 sarcophagi of Prussian Kings and Elector Princes of Brandenburg. When there is no church service, the cathedral and the crypt may be visited.