The Bode Museum
The Bode Museum, formerly the Kaiser-Friedrich-Museum, was built 1897-1904 according to plans by the architect Ernst von Ihne. It is located at the northern end of the Museum Island. Following extensive refurbishment, the Bode Museum was re-opened in October 2006. It presents the sculpture collection with 1,700 works of art from late antiquity to the Baroque period, Byzantine Art, selected Old Master paintings and the numismatic collection.